Amazon are recruiting staff in South Africa to work as virtual assistants to work from home to assist customers online. The world’s leading e-commerce company is always trying to make sure that they deliver high level of customer service.
- We operate in a 24/7 environment supporting the North America and UK markets, most of our shifts are overnight and the shift assigned
to you may require that you work over weekends and public holidays.
- Shifts are either 4 days, 10 hours per shift or 5 days, 8 hours per shift.
Internet requirements: Dedicated 10MB Uncapped Fiber (LTE lines are not eligible for this role)
- Equipment /hardware : Amazon will provide all required computer equipment with a headset that remains property of Amazon
- Ability to work overtime as required by business – as much as 10 hours a week, most often occurring in the weeks surrounding the Christmas holiday season.
- Flexible with the working schedule; may be expected to work weekends, holidays and events
- Maintain regular and reliable attendance, including the daily schedule as assigned
Knowledge & Skills Required
Customer Service Skills:
- Demonstrate dedication and commitment to problem resolution
- Be firm
- Demonstrate a positive attitude
- Be able to resolve a conflict situation
- Have patience with customers and remain cool & calm
- Be able to explain complex concepts effectively
- Be able to take responsibility in any given situation
- Demonstrate data accuracy
- Demonstrate multi-tasking abilities
- Use situational judgement to determine actions
- Have a detail-oriented working style
- Basic understanding of Device Platforms (Desktops, Laptops, Tablets, Mobiles, Gaming consoles, Streaming devices) and Digital Services (Videos, Music, Apps, Video Games, streaming content, Cloud Storage) and associated technical terminologies
- Ability to translate complex technical information / instructions into a simple language that would ensure seamless trouble shooting
- Ability to problem solve
- Awareness of latest trends and developments in the technology industry
- Demonstrate the ability to apply knowledge to new situations
- Be able to use judgement and common sense to answer customer questions
- Demonstrate willingness to share knowledge with team members and customers
- Completed NQF Level 4 qualification or higher
- At least 3 months of work experience (any environment)
- Internet requirements: dedicated 10MB Uncapped Fibre (LTE lines are not eligible)
- Home environment free from background noise where you can connect the equipment directly to the router/modem via Ethernet cable
- Good command of English (verbal and written)
- Typing, phone, and computer navigation skills
- Ability to navigate the Internet, email, and chat to customer via Instant Messenger tools
- Ability to cope well in a high pressure environment while maintaining high quality outputs
- South African Citizen/Permanent Resident
For all of the other requirements view the application details on the the Amazon Website.