R7 300 a monthPost Office : General Assistants
closing date: 25 July 2019location: Randburg, Johhanesburg, Gauteng
Post Office is having vacancies around South Africa.Salary: R7300 Monthly
RequirementsGrade 10 Good communication Handle pressure Work independently Team player
Duties of a general assistant include answering telephone and transferring phone calls to appropriate staff members, meeting and greeting clients, customers and visitors, as well as creating and filing documents using Microsoft Office. He/she also performs general clerical work such as faxing, mailing, scanning, filing and photocopying, maintains copies of important documents; administers electronic filing systems; signs, accepts and distributes packages; researches and purchases office furniture and supplies. General assistants are also responsible for coordinating and maintaining records of contact numbers, parking slots or office cubicles, company credit cards and office keys,
setting up, coordinating and preparing meetings and conferences of a company or manager; and handling weekly schedules of staff. They also provide orientation for new employees; arrange accommodation and entertainment for company guests and visitors; and perform other duties that are necessary and required of him.
Post office clerks perform the following duties:
- direct sales of stamps, postal products and stationery such as registered and fast mail envelopes and parcel containers
- handle financial transactions including savings bank transactions, paying out of pensions, money and postal orders
- receive payments, for example, telephone and municipal accounts
- accept and deliver mail over the counter, such as registered and insured letters and parcels
- involved with client liaison including advising on services, answering of inquiries and assistance in the completion of forms
The sorting duties of mail handlers can include:
- processing of mail within the post office and large mail centres
- sorting letters, newspapers, registered items and parcels according to their destinations
- preparing mail for sorting by mail sorting machines (a computer creates bar codes on the mail item)
- tying the mail for any particular route up in bundles and dispatching it in properly sealed mailbags.
Records are kept of all mail dispatched, and a hand-to-hand check of all certified registered or insured items is carried out by the sorting officer.
- flexibility to learn many kinds of tasks
- diplomatic and tactful
- friendly attitude towards people
- able to work well with others
- able to work with a minimum of supervision
- able to follow directions carefully and accurately